Welcome to Still:Saving


I started couponing as a new wife in South Carolina. Our budget was very small, and I knew there had to be a way to get more for our money.

Over the years, friends have ask how I save so much money at the grocery or how I get all of my shampoo for free. This is my attempt to share the things I've learned over the years by playing the grocery and drugstore "game."

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

2009 Savings Totals

Well, I finally got around to running some numbers and tallying the totals from last years spending/savings spreadsheets, and here are the results:

2009 Grocery Budget:

Saved $1,332.69
Average Percentage 36%

I consider these numbers to be somewhat incomplete, because I know there were times I ran to the store to pick up three items with no coupons and instead of recording that transactions I just threw away the receipt.

This year it's one of my goals to record EVERYTHING we spend at the grocery store - wether I have a savings of 98% or 0% - it's all going in the spreadsheet!

2009 CVS:

Spent $64.03 OOP (out of pocket)
Saved $1,454.48
Average Percentage 95.78%

Again, if we went to the store for a box of Claritin and didn't use any extra bucks or any coupons, I often didn't record the transactions - I'm such a cheater aren't I? Throwing out the zero savings shopping trips to keep my percentage high?!

Well, this year, no more. I'm using this fabulous new spreadsheet that I'll share with ya'll tomorrow to record our monthly spending goals and our every transaction!

Did you track your savings last year? Or is that something you want to do this year?

blog comments powered by Disqus

Contact Laura:

Find a Newspaper Recycle Location:

ReadySite