Welcome to Still:Saving


I started couponing as a new wife in South Carolina. Our budget was very small, and I knew there had to be a way to get more for our money.

Over the years, friends have ask how I save so much money at the grocery or how I get all of my shampoo for free. This is my attempt to share the things I've learned over the years by playing the grocery and drugstore "game."

Friday, October 30, 2009

Spreadsheets: Part 3 - Grocery Savings Template

Okay, I've shared the tools that I use plan my grocery/CVS lists, now I want to show you how I track how much I save. This is my favorite part of using coupons - unless I have a zero savings shopping trip!

We'll start with the Grocery Savings Template. It's pretty straight forward. The spreadsheet does all the work for you!

You can find my Grocery Savings Template here or in the column on the right.

I found the template on someone else's website - which I wish I could remember so that I could give them credit. (If this is your original spreadsheet LET ME KNOW!)

All of the information you'll need to input can be found at the bottom of most chain grocery stores like Kroger, Tom Thumb and Albertsons. Stores like Walmart, Target, Whole Foods, Central Market, etc are a little harder to calculate because they don't always show you the sale price verses the original price.

Each week I simply sit down with my grocery receipts and plug in the numbers to record my savings. It takes 5 minutes.

Just to clarify - store savings is what you save because you use your store rewards card. Sometimes stores will show you how much you saved on doubled coupons. You can put that in this column or in the manufacturer's coupon column - either way the savings will calculate the same.

Let me know if you have any questions or any trouble with the spreadsheets! Happy savings!

blog comments powered by Disqus

Contact Laura:

Find a Newspaper Recycle Location:

ReadySite