Welcome to Still:Saving


I started couponing as a new wife in South Carolina. Our budget was very small, and I knew there had to be a way to get more for our money.

Over the years, friends have ask how I save so much money at the grocery or how I get all of my shampoo for free. This is my attempt to share the things I've learned over the years by playing the grocery and drugstore "game."

Saturday, October 24, 2009

CVS101 - Part 3 - Limits & Stacking

A few random notes about shopping and saving at CVS:

Limits:

There is usually a limit between 1 and 5 on how many of the Extra Buck items you can buy – it’s often printed in small print underneath the item in the ad.

Weekly vs. Monthly Deals:

There are weekly deals and monthly deals. The weekly deals are advertised in the weekly fliers and the monthly deals (which are good for the entire month) are advertised in a monthly booklet.

Monthly deals usually have higher limits than weekly deals and are sometimes advertised in the weekly ad as well to generate more attention.

Stacking manufacturer’s coupons with CVS coupons:

After several weeks of using your CVS Extra Buck card, you’ll also start to receive CVS coupons at the end of your receipt. You can also scan your Extra Buck card at the free-standing machine in most stores to receive these. These are called CRTS (Cash Register Tape).

Most stores will let you stack one manufacturer coupon with one CVS coupon for an item.

So, if I had a $1 CVS coupon for the Speedstick Deodorant I mentioned in the last post, my transaction would look like this:

Buy 1 Speedstick Pro Deodorant for $2.99
Use a $1.50 internet printable coupon
Use $1.00 CVS CRT
Pay $ .49 for the deodorant (either on a gift card or with cash)
Earn $2.00 in Extra Bucks You just MADE $1.51 at CVS

And that is the fun of shopping at CVS!

blog comments powered by Disqus

Contact Laura:

Find a Newspaper Recycle Location:

ReadySite